Your thoughts


Me I get married at the age of 17 by 2009 now I finish ten years in marriage. I have 3 children 2boys and 1girl. Now I'm not happy with this marriage because my husband has a lot of girl friend and he get children to them. Now he doesn't show love to me, sometimes he bit me for nothing and he stop me to finish my study for 5 years after that tell me can I go back to school without support . the money I get on my parents to do everything . Now I finish my course last year he said now when I get a job half of my salary per month will be for him. Please guys helps me may be your tips will make a change in my mind

2 years, 2 months ago

Recent Replies


Hi Thokozilevaleni, we're really proud of you for expressing yourself and telling your story. It must not be easy trying to support a family while also working on yourself and your career. It is overwhelming trying to maintain a relationship with someone who doesn't treat you with the same care or respect. Ultimately, no one can tell you what decision to make in terms of leaving or staying with your husband. It's important that you take time to think about where you see yourself in the next few years and whether you can see a future where you are happy with your husband. Although no one can tell you what to do, see if you can talk to someone who you are comfortable with and maybe you can get advice. Try to see what your parents, close friends, relatives or any other person that you trust has to say.

2 years, 1 month ago

Hey Springster. This is an incredibly tough situation you are in and just know that you have done nothing wrong. If you feel that you are not safe you can always turn to a trusted friend or family member that you can trust. You need to trust your husband and clearly, the trust between you two has been broken. In order for you to move on you need to think of the safety of yourself and your children. Your husband not allowing you to further your studies or him taking half your salary is a form of economic abuse and that is not okay. You need to speak to a counsellor who can help you through this tough space that you are in. FAMSA is an amazing group that can do that. Their website is and they can help you with counselling and family services as well should you need them.

1 year, 11 months ago

Add your reply

Commenting on this article is currently disabled.