Every girl has the right to learn and should have access to schools that are close by, and safe to attend. We’ve rounded up a few well-known people who totally agree with us (and you!) about this. Let their words inspire you to stay in school as long as you can because it will better your future.
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Former South African president and Nobel Peace Prize winner Nelson Mandela.
- “We cannot succeed when half of us are held back. We call upon our sisters around the world to be brave, to embrace the strength within themselves and realise their full potential.” – Malala Yousafzai, an activist for girl’s education from Pakistan and the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize winner.
- “Educate a boy and you educate an individual. Educate a girl and you educate a community.”– African Proverb.
- “Girls have to be taught early that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world … and set an example for the next generation of young ladies.”– Beyoncé.
- “When girls are educated their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”– Michelle Obama.
- “The world will never realise 100% of its goals if 50% of its people cannot realise their full potential. When we unleash the power of women, we can secure the future for all.”– United Nations secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon.
See girls? That’s how important we are! So go on and thrive.
What’s your favourite quote about education and girl power? Tell us in the comment box!