- Choose your friends wisely. Surround yourself with positive people who will encourage you to keep trying even when you're discouraged.
- Avoid making friends with people who laugh at you or put you down.
- Hang out with people who want the same good things you do. Choose friends who have dreams of staying in school, getting good results and creating opportunities for themselves. Like you, they have a great future ahead of them.
- A good friend is someone you love and support through thick and thin, and they do the same for you. Real friends have direction and a vision for their future and help each other to avoid making bad decisions that might compromise their future.
- Be a good friend. Listen, be supportive and trustworthy. Help each other, and forgive a friend who makes a mistake.
Leidy found support from an organisation which helps girls. This is her story.Life kept getting worse